Protect uses the Earth Networks weather network to monitor potentially threatening weather conditions, including lightning activity, severe storms, heavy rainfall, high heat index, high wind gusts and more. It is also one of the first mobile applications to utilize the proprietary Earth Networks Total Lightning Network, which delivers real-time lightning warnings and is the only integrated intracloud (IC) and cloud-to-ground (CG) lightning detection network available nationwide.
Protect proactively alerts end-users when severe weather threats are detected or pre-defined weather thresholds are exceeded within their proximity. Protect supports email noticiation and provides administrators with a delivery status and end-user response message. In addition, the service may be extended via Earth Networks Protect Enterprise to serve as a broader notification platform enabling administrators and other officials to initiate their own alert messages.
Key Features of Protect
- Earth Networks' Meteorological Operations Center monitors changing weather conditions 24/7 and authorizes each alert.
- Online personalization portal available to registered Protect customers where users can manage Protect settings for their handset, including: adjust weather alert settings, set silence time, define static locations and read the user manual. *
- Receive weather alerts for three static locations. *
* Improved functionality and expanded options when upgraded to Protect Enterprise.
Key Features of Protect Enterprise
- Protect Enterprise provides a centralized online management tool through which the administrator(s) has the ability to establish unique call-to-action instructions as they relate to specific weather condition alerts. In other words, Protect Enterprise allows an organization to match alerts with weather policies and provides a tool to instruct your employees as to their expected behavior during a weather event.
- Protect Enterprise customers have access to the online personalization portal where users can manage their alert settings, set silence time and define locations.
- Receive weather alerts for UNLIMITED static locations, including email alert notification.