The Earth Networks suite of sports weather solutions provides live, local weather forecasts and updates for the safety of fans, players and staff. With our dense network of weather stations placed on and around sports stadiums, only our solutions can provide the most granular insight into local weather conditions, including the most advanced detection and warning of lightning threats.
- Stay ahead of rapidly changing weather conditions
- Make well-informed game day decisions
- Receive continuous updates during events to protect spectators, players and staff
- Get objective weather information at home and away games
- Receive advanced warning of lightning detection and severe weather via multiple methods — mobile devices, computers and alert beacons/sirens
Earth Networks manages and operates the largest weather network in the world, providing the accuracy and precision necessary for making critical decisions. As you hold major events, you will have around-the-clock access to a team of meteorologists who can provide the weather-related support and intelligence needed to make the right decisions. Facilities equipped with Earth Networks Total Lightning receive lightning detection and unmatched advanced warning with Earth Networks Protect alerts sent directly to mobile phones, computers, and an external visual/audible alarm system.
At the heart of our program is the Earth Networks weather station, a suite of different components that track 27 different weather variables. Built to withstand all weather, the Weather Station is easily installed in the desired location and provides live weather data feeds into our network of over 10,000 stations, as well as back to the customer community.
Earth Networks Total Lightning Network
The WeatherBug Total Lightning Network (WLTN) sets a new standard in lightning and severe weather detection. WLTN is the FIRST integrated intracloud (IC) and cloud-to-ground (CG) lightning detection network. IC lightning detection is crucial for characterizing severe storm precursors — improving lead times and weather management planning.
Online web portal that provides officials, teams and stadium personnel with customized site specific, meteorologist developed forecast and current weather conditions. Users are able to view:
- Seven day forecast for all stadiums
- Game day forecast for all games
- Doppler/Satellite Radar Infrared/Visible Satellite
- Lightning Temperature Wind Chill
- Wind Speed
Partner with our team of meteorologists, who are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, offering expertise for making your critical energy weather-related decisions. Our meteorologists are immediately available for:
- Severe weather updates
- Event forecasting
- Daily, 1-to-3-day, and 3-to-5-plus-day outlooks